We shall keep your Personal Data confidential and shall ensure that our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your Personal Data comply with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”)
This PICS is issued pursuant to the PDPO in relation to the operation of our trading business by Cote d’Or Limited (“we” or “us”).
1. This PICS is last updated on the Effective Date.
Under this PICS, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
- “Database” means the database of our customers’ Personal Data.
- “Effective Date” means 1st July 2020.
- “Our Customer Hotline” means the hotline number(s) is available on Our Website.
- “PDPO” means the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486).
- “Personal Data” has the meaning ascribed to it under the PDPO.
- “Our Website” means www.cotedorfinewines.com
- “Registered Customer” means our customer who has registered for an account on Our Website.
- “Goods or Services” means sales of goods or provision of services.
Personal Data: what we collect and why
3. In order for you to become a Registered Customer, we require you to provide us with certain essential Personal Data as requested at the time of collection. The types of Personal Data we may collect includes your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, gender and age.
4. We have the right to collect, hold, process and/or use, the Personal Data in the Database in each case for the purposes as set out in, and in accordance with, this PICS. If you are unable or do not provide the correct Personal Data. We may not be able to provide you with our services and products.
Use of Personal Data
5. You agree that the Personal Data you provide to us and all information relating to the use of Our Website may be used and retained by us for:
- processing your application as a Registered Customer;
- providing you with our services;
- the normal management, operation, and maintenance of Our Website;
- providing you with regular communications from us with details of our trading business and benefits;
- providing you with Goods or Services which you have requested;
- processing your order for purchases, including verifying your payment details/status;
- carrying out prize draws, games or competitions which you have entered;
- carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behaviour and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting Goods or Services that are likely to be of interest to you;
- designing new or improving existing services provided by us to you;
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions, and research for service improvement;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- disclosure as required by law; and
- aggregated behavioural analysis.
6. With your consent and in the absence of object from you, we will use your Personal Data for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS, or other media whether now known or available in the future) in relation to offers.
7. We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to our agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, professional or other similar services to us.
8. We may also share and transfer your Personal Data to any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees in connection with a re-structuring of our trading business and/or merger (as between us and a third party), sale, or transfer (whether of assets or shares, in whole or in part), to use, hold, process or retain such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in clauses 5 and 6 above.
10. The types of data we may collect from you when you visit Our Website include:
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
- the websites you visited before arriving at Our Website.
11. You could refuse to accept Cookies, however you may not be able to fully enjoy Our Website.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
12. You have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- access your Personal Data held by us;
- require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the type of Personal Data held by us;
- opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
Any request in relation to the above shall be in writing (sent by post or email) and addressed to:
Customer Service Department
Cote d’Or Limited
Room 1204, Eastern Harbour Centre,
28 Hoi Chak Street, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries, please contact Our Customer Hotline, which can be found on Our Website.
13. In accordance with the Ordinance, we may charge you a fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
Protecting your Personal Data
14. We maintain sufficient technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, authorized disclosure of, or access to your Personal Data.
15. We do not control any third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites which you may find hyperlinks on Our Website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you find on these third party websites. Please refer to their privacy statements for more details.